EnPowered is an energy innovator driving the adoption of clean energy. We help all types of organizations transform their energy spend, unlocking immense savings by changing the way they manage energy costs. We then provide the infrastructure for businesses to use their savings to finance their clean energy transition. Founded in 2015 in Waterloo, Canada, the company is continually expanding its North American partner network of energy solution providers.
Our core team has built out our operations in the Canadian and U.S. markets, and we are now working to scale the business. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to own your work, you will fit right in! EnPowered is a remote-first company.
As our Funding & Sales Enablement Specialist, your primary responsibility will be securing funding for customer project proposals through our North American funding partners to enable our partners’ customers to benefit from various cleantech solutions. You will do this by owning and delivering the full funding-to-partner life cycle process from start to finish. Funding Partners isa key component of our business and you will be the critical liaison between our Account Executives and our funders, gathering and analyzing necessary information such as energy bills, project proposals, and various financial information.
Third-party retailers are another component of our partner network and you will work closely with them to accurately and efficiently place and collect project charges on a customer’s retailer energy bill.
As a passionate and a trusted member of our operations team, reporting to the Manager, Operations and Enablement, you will also participate in a variety of analytics work and report generation for partners, their customers, funders, and other stakeholders. All done to support the various players in our partner network.
What you’ll do
- Manage the funding process, working with the internal sales team to gather, review, and present valuable customer and project information to potential funders in a timely manner. This includes ongoing communication of activities through EnPowered’s various communications channels.
- As part of ensuring customer projects are properly funded, you will also support our sales team directly. At times, this may include joining customer or partner meetings to ensure all parties are satisfied with the funding packages being proposed.
- Develop and apply expert knowledge of energy bills, project proposals, financial statements and credit applications, to best ensure the customer project gets funded.
- Manage the funding process by measuring and reporting the performance of our funders to ensure maximum value. You will monitor the effectiveness of the process and regularly suggest improvements, escalate critical funder issues, and ensure internal ownership of resolutions.
- Work with third-party energy retailers to place customer project charges on their electricity bills, including monitoring performance to ensure effective and efficient delivery for the customer, EnPowered, and our third-party energy retailer partner.
- Perform other analytics, report generation, and research work to support existing or new business processes or offerings as part of EnPowered’s Enablement team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- At least two years industry experience managing funding/broker relationships and managing financial applications, ideally including more complex funding arrangements such as power purchase agreement and energy savings agreements for energy projects.
- Training and coaching skills, with the ability to provide hands-on support to our funder and partner networks, as well as our internal sales team.
- A metrics driven and process-oriented mindset with the ability to build and deliver predictable, repeatable, and scalable funder processes.
- General analytic and report creation skills.
- Proven track-record of building and supporting accounts in North America or global financial markets .
- Possess a growth mind-set and show passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm.
- Must be willing to work within the Eastern Time Zone in North America for key partners and customers.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with productivity tools including Slack, HubSpot, Notion, Google Suite, etc.
- Hands-on understanding of CRMs—ideally HubSpot—and the ability to provide regular reviews of funder performance is an asset.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the electricity industry is an asset.
- Experience working with the start-up ecosystem and venture backed companies is an asset.
What we offer
EnPowered offers competitive salary, has health benefits, offers flexible schedules, regular team bonding events, stock options, and a generous vacation policy.
EnPowered is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by EnPowered throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.